iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Rick Reilly takes aim at Simmons

June 12, 2008


Since his arrival at ESPN, Rick Reilly has been making more and more announcements, most of them bashing blogs and most of them talking about how old school you are. But if you are really old school, do you have to tell everyone? Doesn't telling people how great things were when you were young, just make you old? Well now he is taking a shot at a coworker. This is from Jon Friedman's "On Media"column about Reilly's jump to ESPN



Old school-new school. I'm not doing more than 800 words, I'm not from Boston, I don't write a lot about the NBA. I'm more likely to tell a story that has a beginning, a middle and an end. He's a blogger. I still love reading him."

Not to long ago Bill Simmons told his sneering view of ESPN and Reilly and it actually seems to have some merit.


“I don’t even care about the money (he’s making). I care about the fact he only
has to write 800 words all week. What does he do all week? I’m just getting
warmed up at 800 words.”

Simmons added


“I don’t think (his hiring) has really changed my life in any way
other than he touches my soul with his writing. That’s really it. He’s raising
the bar morally, financially. . . he’s raising it all over the place. I’m just
happy to be along for the ride.”


In recent weeks Reilly has let known his thoughts about the blogging community, and they were two things, unoriginal and unfunny. I have never been that big of a fan of Simmons, but Reilly is turning me into one. But he is "old school" and heres hoping to see an all-out melee happen between Simmons and Reilly

Courtesy of:
Deadspin Rick Reilly Continues To Not Think Too Highly Of That Billy Simmons Kid

MarketWatch Rick Reilly is ESPNs new sports guy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB