iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Brewers-Cubs....1st 3 Innings

July 30, 2008

7:58- So baseball tonight is interviewing my new favorite Cub, my boy Jeff Samardzija. Not very often that someone plays for my favorite team, then goes to my other favorite pro team in different sports. If only Tom Zbikowski played baseball too. Favorite potential playoff subplot right now is him playing a prominent role in the playoffs.

8:05- "Technical Difficulties from a television standpoint." The bad luck is starting already.

8:07- Alright, two more Hippie Lettuce players hitting 1-2 in Soriano and Theriot (who says I'm not a homer). Big week this week playing against Marsh with my lead dwindling.

8:09- Soriano just looked terrible on the first two swings, then a rope to left field for a single. It's looking promising. And now Soriano is starting to steal bases again. Steals third after a sacrifice from the Riot. Good Start boys.

8:17- That normally does not happen. Reed Johnson and his soulpatch just struck out, but reached on a wild pitch. 1-0 Good Guys.

8:22- Marky Mark DeRosa with an RBI single. Go Dartmouth. 2-0.

8:30- So here's the backstory on the drafting of my first place fantasy team, and I highly recommend my technique.....long story short, it was the first friday of march madness, so I took off from my bartending gig to watch the games, booze, and draft my team with a little beer pong thrown in for good measure. So when draft time hits I'm already in good shape, as staff members Langston, Smitty, and I went to the great Carlos O'kelly's that has been mentioned previously during our talks about the All-Star game viewing (I manage the bar there). I literally had one list of rankings, and proceded to grab either a Cub, or the best person not crossed off. No overthinking, just simple pointing and grunting at Pat who was handling the typing duties. Then heading back to the pong table. Needless to say despite obvious criticism about me being a homer, I ended up with Zambrano, Dempster, and Soriano. And I've been in first place the whole year. So for all of the years from here on in, I will make myself stupid by killing brain cells with suds, then grunt and point my way to a championship.

8:39- Dempster looks a little shaky as Milwaukee scores off another wild pitch. 2-1 Cubs.

8:40: Another single for Soriano, he can single-handedly carry us when he gets hot. I hope Prince Fielder doesn't eat him. The Riot (who's jersey I just ordered) comes up with another single. Hipple Lettuce is smoking the competition.

8:42- D.Lee grounds out to short. Prince Fielder just split his pants bending over to catch the ball.

8:45- I think the Cubs and Brewers might own the rights to half of the African-Americans in baseball. Sabathia, Lee, Bill Hall and his chewing tobacco, Daryle Ward, Richie Weeks, Ray Durham. I really might sit down and calulate this later.

8:46- Oh Ryan, you and your tricky Canadian glove trick thingy. 3 K's through 1 1/3.
Also I forgot to mention Mike Cameron. That's four out of the Brewers first 7 hitters.

8:48- Is Jason Kendall black too?

Alright that's all for now, going out for a little to watch the game at the bar near my house. I'll be back later for either late inning blogging, or a post-game recap/rant if we lose. Go Cubs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB