iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

LCB Hoops Picks: NBA's Big Sunday

February 20, 2010

Myself and Berndon preview the biggest games on the NBA schedule, giving you our picks in what is sure to be a great "Big Sunday."




Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic @ 1:00 on ABC:
Langston: As a devoted Laker fan, I have to admit that I cherished each shot Jamison missed (0 for 12) last night. But some of the reactions I have seen on the net are pure insanity ("Do the Cavs regret getting Antawn?"). It was just one game people, one out of 82 games, good for 1.2 % of the season. I would understand a reaction like that if it was T-Mac or Iverson, since there are already questions surrounding them and their abilities. But Jamison has averaged 20.5 PPG and 44 FG% on the season; he's no slouch. I can guarantee you, even if I want the trade to fail, that he won't have a game like that again. As a matter of fact, I like him to get his average tomorrow, rebounding from his putrid effort off the bench to drop 21. Cavs get off the snide to win 98 to 89.

Berndon: I don't see Cleveland losing 3 in a row, nor do I see Antwan going 0-79 from the field again. Most of the teams I've watched have struggled a little bit integrating the new pieces into their offenses, but I look for Cleveland to get back on track against the "Real Superman." Cleveland gets the win 105-98.

Boston Celtics vs. Denver Nuggets @ 3:30 on ABC:
Langston: The last time these two teams played in Denver, the Celtics destroyed, winning 114-76. I mention that game because it's a great example of how hot-and-cold the Nuggets play. They can make scoring 130 look easy or struggle to score 75. When you witness one of these games, you're left feeling like David after his trip to the dentist, muttering to yourself "Is this real life?" I felt that way when Chauncey scored a career-high 39 en route to a 126-113 win over the Lakers. And I felt that way watching them lose to the new-look Wizards last night.

Their consistency, or lack of it, is easily one of the more interesting aspects of this year's playoffs because the Nuggets have a realistic shot at the championship; however, if they don't find a way to play at a high level each game, their championship dreams are going to be just that: dreams. As for this match-up with the Celts, I like the Nugs to win. The Celtics aren't the same team that beat them last year, and Rondo won't have the edge he has in most match-ups. Look for Melo and Chauncey to have big games, ending the Celts streak at three. Denver 107, Boston 94.

Berndon: I've picked against Boston on Streak For the Cash the last two times they've played. This means nothing other than the fact that the Celtics are ruining my opportunity to win 100,000 dollars. Of which I could invest into my living in the Bahamas the rest of my life being a bum, bartending, playing golf, and writing  a novel that takes 32 years to complete. Being stubborn is one of my many destructive traits, so I'm going to pick against Boston once again. Denver will win 112-101.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Berndon: So, who are you picking, Celtics or Nuggets?

February 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Iceman, AD said...

Pick the Nuggets, write the novel.

February 21, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Brendan Brody said...

my bad...it didn't save the last part of what i wrote....i fixed it

February 21, 2010 at 3:26 AM
Unknown said...

The first few minutes of today's second half are all anyone needs to see as proof that the Cavs are better with Jamison...9 straight points...6 on post ups...one from outside...seemingly effortless

February 21, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB