iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Things I've Read: John Keats, Barbarians, and Jeremy Lin

February 11, 2012





The following are some links from the past week or so you may want to check out:


-First, Eric Nusbaum just brought clarity to Ricky Williams' retirement for me, and did so by drawing comparisons between the running back and the Romantic poet John Keats' theory on "Negative Capability."


-Also at The Classical, if you missed it, you should read Bethlehem Shoals' profile of the return of Kenyon Martin from China to the NBA, which I thought captured beautifully the rugged rise and fall of the '90s Eastern Conference into its barbaric abyss of the '00s.

-Lincoln Michel shares his thoughts on online vs. in print publishing at TFT and how some of the big name anthologies are missing the boat.

-Last night, I became a believer in Jeremy Lin (here's my piece at TFT), and now I'm simply wondering what a lineup of him, Tyson Chandler, 'Melo, and Amar'e (if they ever do all get healthy) means for the Eastern Conference.

-Right now, I'm reading The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides and the first hundred pages, while entertaining, have made me feeling ignorant on pretty much all of the literary criticism he's referenced. I would love to hear other peoples' thoughts on the book.

-And my students are working on double journals for the first third of Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I've never taught the book in its entirety, so I've got that whole pre-race anxiety thing going on that lets me know that I'm both excited and scared out of my mind. Let the rafting begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB