iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Lakers-Celtics (Straight Ramblin')

June 5, 2008


The Celtics take game one in front of a drunk raucous crowd 98-88. Paul Pierce hit two back-to-back threes that ended up being the back breaker to the Lakers. As a devout and loyal Laker fan, you would think I lost a little hope tonight, but no I have not. They played a great three quarters, and with all that was happening before the game, I am not surprised one bit. By the way, will they have that disgusting finals trophy on the floor at Staples? I sure hope not, it hurt me eyeballs. Well the Lakers can take pride they fought a tough game, and just ended up on the short end of the stick. Phil will use this loss to his advantage, and it will make Kobe that more hungry. I expect the next game to be a lot closer for a lot longer. This series will not be decided by what happens in beantown, it will be decided in LA. Sorry about all the excuses, Im going through my stages of grief right now. First its denial (blame it on the refs), then its anger (throw lamp at wall), apathy ( I really dont want to watch another game if that ugly finals trophy mural is going to be there at half court), and then acceptance (they will play again, this Sunday on ABC).


And for your viewing pleasure, a Kobe/KG mash-up with the Dark Knight Trailer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad someone else thought that trophy was at midcourt. Why even have it there? Who tuned into the game last night and said, "oh, wow, I'm sure glad that trophy is on the floor because I had no idea the Celtics and Lakers were playing in the Finals?"

June 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Unknown said...

Yeah I had nightmares about that trophy last night. I know they have had finals painted on the floor and a trophy on the floor before, but the pure size of that thing is ridiculous.

June 7, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB