iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Where the NBA meets 'The WIre' (spoiler alert)

June 5, 2008

This post really serves absolutely no purpose. I love talking about the NBA, and I love talking about The Wire, so I figure why not talk about both in the same post.

In my article about the Spurs last weekend, I picked the Lakers over the Celtics. The reason I don't see the Celtics winning is because I don't see Garnett doing what Duncan couldn't. One can count on the fingers it takes to make a piece sign the number of playoff games Garnett has "taken over" during the playoffs in his career. Don't get me wrong. He'll have good numbers this series, but he won't dominate.

I also don't see Allen and Pierce doing much better than Parker and Ginobili did against the Lakers. Pierce will score in bursts and then disappear much like Parker did, and Allen will either be on fire or hit nothing, much like Ginobili did; and ultimately, the Lakers have the better bench.

Phil Jackson has done a great job with this team. Each player clearly knows their role. The same thing can't be said about the Celtics and how Doc Rivers handles their rotations. The Lakers take it in six, which brings me to what really needs to be discussed:

WHAT HAPPENS TO KG AT THE END OF THIS SERIES?

Theory 1
If the Celtics lose, I see KG wandering the streets of Boston like a dog, foaming at the mouth. His belly full of a wanton hunger, his eyes seeking revenge, his graceful stride broken into a limp, his hands clamped around a shotgun, and his mouth yelling, "You tell Kobe to meet me in the streets!"

Theory 2
Sam Cassell decides he's still an All-star and single-handedly shoots the Celtics out of the title. Kobe grins sadistically.


Theory 3
KG finally fulfills his destiny of becoming a legend.


Theory 4
KG returns to another offseason with disappointment. The familiarity of disappointment crushes him.


Theory 5
The city of Boston turns on him quick after a couple missed jumpshots in the fourth quarter when he could have drove the lane or posted up.


In fact, I wouldn't be too disappointed if this series went four games, and I could begin my summer plan of watching all five seasons over again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this may make me go buy the entire series

June 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Unknown said...

Seriously, this show will change how you view America's cities, the drug trade, confronting crime, educating the young, and what happens to a country that loses its blue collar jobs.

June 6, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB