iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Mike Aviles and Justin Duchscherer, are my fantasy saviors

June 22, 2008


My fantasy team has had a rough year, following my back-to-back league championships of '06 and '07 , we have had injurie issues and underachieving players lead us to 6th place in the standings. That is until I got Mike Aviles and Justin Duchscherer two weeks ago. I decided to take the flier on Aviles due to Rich Aurilia being my everyday shortstop, and Duchscherer was put in place for the injured Chris Young.

Since I picked the two up, my team has won 7-2 and 6-3 respectively, moving my team from sixth to third in two weeks. Mike Aviles is going to end up being my find of the year, so far he has been a fantasy beast. In 16 games he is hitting .339, he has 3 homers, 13 runs scored, and 9 RBI. I really like what KC has offensively with Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, Jose Guillen, and now Mike Aviles. They may in last place, but its not because of these guys, I think we can all agree its due to the awesome charity calendar the team put out this year.

Justin Duchscherer has been shutting teams down all season long, the South Dakota native is 7-4 with a 2.08 ERA with 48 K's to just 16 walks, and a beautfiul 0.97 WHIP. My pitching staff has become maybe the best in all of fantasy baseball with Ducscherer, King Felix, Carlos Zambrano, Cole Hamels, Edinson Volquez, Gavin Floyd, Ryan Dempster, George Sherrill, Takashi Saito, Armando Galarraga, and (my only questionable pitcher) Clayton Kershaw. I challenge anyone with a fantasy team to match up for one week with my rotation, I would be confident against almost anyone.

I originally wrote this post just to brag about my fantasy dominance and my skills at picking up the right no-name guys, but the challenge is as real as this post is. So if you think you have the staff, lets do this and we can put a bet (of the non-monetary value) up.

Update: As I was writing this post, I found out that Zambrano was put on the 15-day DL, so that challenge is too anyone in about 3 weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB