iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Crossing Enemy Lines (or my first trip into the Oakland Zoo)

December 18, 2008

Finally, I decided to use my new school affiliation to attend a basketball game on the cheap. And so my first experience in the Oakland Zoo is also my first post here. So, as a Marquette basketball fan, I went to the Pitt-Siena game last night, "disguised" as Pitt fan. I really have no problem with Pitt except for when they play MU, but I definitely didn't feel like I belonged in the student section for Pitt. It was a little unsettling. But to my surprise, with school not in session, I was able to get 2nd row seats for the game, amazing in its own right. To be honest though, the student section was uninspiring. It's a fairly small area that they give the students, and they weren't that rowdy. I know, I know, its much different because school wasn't in session, but still I wasn't impressed. There cheers are nothing original, the same as every other school. Apparently, Doug Gottlieb of ESPN, who was announcing the game, said the Zoo wasn't a tough place to play. I would have to agree, it really wasn't anything special. A side note about Gottlieb. He was seated right in front of us, and honestly, he doesn't seem like he likes people, students especially. You know when you see Dickie V on TV, and he loves being around students? Doug Gottlieb is the exact opposite. Boy, does he look stuck up.

Anyway, as for the game, Pitt is for real. There top three of Levance Fields, Sam Young, and Dejaun Blair will carry that team very far this year. Dejuan Blair is honestly my new favorite player. The guy is a beast. He pulled down 16 boards to go along with 21 points and was the difference in the game. Honestly, he just looks like he can have his way with whomever he wants. My new favorite player. By the way, Pitt won 77-66 I think. The game was pretty uneventful, Siena was a scrappy underdog who couldn't pull it out, blah, blah, blah.

So my first trip into the zoo was uneventful. I definitely need to see it in action during school to see if it actually is intense, but right now I wouldn't expect it to be much different.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm certainly looking forward for them coming to the Verizon Center on January 3rd to play the Hoyas. Blair and Monroe, should be a fantastic game.

December 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB