iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Mark McGwire Apologizes for Insisting World Not Round

January 12, 2010

Yesterday, Mark McGwire apologized for years of insisting that the world is flat, stating, "Now that I'm retired and have had a chance to travel I realize how foolish I sounded thinking that ships could just fall off the edge of the Earth. If that was true, then what would you have to look at outside a plane window?"

McGwire's long time baseball manager was shocked by McGwire's admission, commenting on the power hitter's revelation, "I never heard anything about him thinking the world was flat. I liked to think of our club house as a representation of the Renaissance, so for McGwire to believe in black magic, witchcraft, and sea monsters just seems ridiculous. I would use the word flabbergasted, but I don't want to seem too out of touch with my players. Anyway, we're glad to have him as a coach next season."

"Mark McGwire is full of crap. He and I used to build wooden ships and put them in glass bottles before every game," expressed an outraged Jose Canseco, a former teammate of McGwire's. Canseco went onto say, "He even told me once that he might have to stop taking steroids because he was afraid his bulging biceps would crush his Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria models."

While McGwire believed the earth to be flat a map, he made like Ferdinand Magellan and circumnavigated the base paths 583 times by way of crushing baseballs over fences, and maybe it was the way those baseballs disappeared over the horizon that made him think lines of morality could be crossed to the roaring sound of applause.

3 comments:

Iceman, AD said...

I totally see where he is coming from. I sniff cocaine when I'm feeling sleepy just for the awakening effects. I don't like the high, nor do I really benefit from it, even while my cohorts who drink coffee are falling asleep at their laptops. It doesn't matter, it's still even.

January 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM
beamaw said...

I bet Mark thinks we never landed on the moon either.

January 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Unknown said...

Someone should reshoot that scene from Dumb and Dumber with Mark McGwire taking Jim Carrey's part..."No way...that's great...We landed on the moon!"

January 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB