iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Things To Read While Stealing, Rioting, Or Just Sitting Around Naked

August 12, 2011


-First, this article, "Everyone is He-Man," by LT is probably one of the all-encompassing, better reads I've seen on the internet all week. It's not a piece of writing that's dressed up in obscurities and allusions that most of us won't get; it's simply a very direct and moving read on what place sports hold in our daily lives--covers everything from Rise of the Planet of the Apes to hunger in Somalia to Deion Sanders. It can be found over at Clay Travis' new site Outkick the Coverage



-Over at Chris Jones' Son of Bold Venture, there's a solid dialogue over the accusations etc of the Toronto Blue Jays stealing signs, called "The Tao of Sign Stealing."

-I'm not sure what to make of this article, this philosophy, or this school of therapy. It may work. It may not. It may be a ploy for attention and free marketing.  The article is by naked therapist Sarah White, and it's titled--I mean, what else could it be titled--"Naked Therapist Sarah White Wants You to Take Off Your Clothes." It makes therapy sound like a Nelly song, and, now, I know why always had trouble getting into the HBO show In Treatment. 


-Yesterday, I read two articles about Louis C.K.'s show Louie. I haven't seen the show, but I like his standup and I was a fan of his "failed" HBO series--c'mon, it was funny. The first article I read was by Grantland's Chuck Klosterman, and it can be found here. His piece, however, wasn't really about the show and I was sold on committing it until I read this article by The Faster Times founder Sam Apple.

-Lastly, here's a link to my article "Just In Time for the Riots, Ron Artest Prepares for England," over at The Faster Times.






P.S. I'll be in the Outer Banks this week, so if there's not a lot of content up, it's because I'm too busy contracting skin cancer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB