iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

LCB NFL Picks: Week Two

September 19, 2009


-3.5 New England Patriots vs. New York Jets @ 1:00 on CBS:
Langston: This game should show if the Patriots going younger on defense was the right move for this season. There are a lot of holes to fix on that side of the ball, and if the Jets defense can be effective with the blitz, I like the Jets chances to keep this close. Despite these circumstances, I think Brady wins this game, and Sanchez hits his first bit of adversity in the Big Apple. Patriots 21-Jets 14. Though if I was a Jets fan, I am feeling pretty good about the future. Sanchez seems to improve every time he takes the field and Rex Ryan seems to have the right combination of bravado and astuteness to lead the Jets to success.
Miss LCG: Was I the only one that noticed that puzzled look on the faces of Patriot fans last weekend? They appeared as if they were simultaneously asking themselves, "Whats up with the new logo?" I like the Jets to win this game 28-20, with the game ball going to their blitz heavy defense.

-3 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Chicago Bears @ 4:00 on CBS:
Langston: When I first looked at this game, I thought the Steelers would win handily. But after closer inspection, I realized that both teams have a lot of corellation between them. Both teams will be without their best defenders. Both offenses will likely rely on the pass to win games this season. And both teams need to see more production out of their respective running games. But only one of these teams has James Harrison, and that's why I'm going with the Steelers, 35-31.
Miss LCG: They say the best things in life are free. For me, one of those things, is watching the Steelers lose. Bears 38- Steelers 35.

-3 New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys @ 8:20 on NBC:
Langston: I wasn't overly impressed with either team last weekend, and have no real inclination of what we can expect in this game. But Tony Romo is 4-0 against the Giants in his last four regular-season games, and the Cowboys have the best record in the NFC for home openers. So I'll go with that, Cowboys 38-Giants 28.
Miss LCG: Last week my Skins lost to the Giants, but they did manage to hold Brandon Jacobs to 46 yards and the Giants to only 103 rushing yards, which means the Giants and Jacobs will run all over the 'Boys--you can only contain him for so long. Giants win 20-10.

-3 Indianapolis Colts vs. Miami Dolphins @ 8:30 on ESPN MNF:
Langston: Last week Miami looked terrible against the Falcons. I'm not sure if that was opening day gitters, but I'm guessing it's because the wildcat has been neutralized. The Colts barely got by the Jags thanks to two turnovers in the first half. But they still managed to outplay a talented football team. They also play very well on Monday Night and in road openers, having won seven of their last eight Monday night games and their last four road openers. I think Peyton and his posse of receivers get it going and improve on those two impressive stats en route to a blow-out win, 42-17.
Miss LCG: This one is pretty simple. Peyton or Pennington? Colts win 48-28.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say again what a great job you did with that mustache

September 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Unknown said...

I appreciate that, it took a lot of hard work for the might of his mustache to come across as art.

September 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM
Unknown said...

Since we're both fans our my mustache work, I decided to use it as our background on twitter. Let me know if it's too distracting.

September 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB