iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

LCB NFL Picks: Week Nine

November 8, 2009


Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts @ 1:00 on CBS:
Langston: The Texans have turned into one of the best offenses in football in the past couple of weeks. But with Owen Daniels hitting the IR and Steve Slaton having his problems holding onto the ball, the offense won't be as explosive. But I don't see the decline happening this week. Afterall Indy's defense is pretty terrible and surprise, Bob Sanders is hurt again. Though the Colts have found a great third option in rookie WR Austin Collie, allowing them to continue their offensive exploits of the past decade with ease. One that has allowed "Everyone's MVP" Peyton Manning to throw for 300 ypg week-after-week. So this will be another shoot-out with the last team scoring taking the win, and that team will be the unbeaten Colts. Indy 42, Houston 38.

Drody: Big divisional match up with the Texans going to Indy to try and make up some ground against the leader Colts. I know I've said this multiple times this year about multiple teams, but the Colts just seem to have "it" this year. What that means in the long run, I'm not sure, but I do think the Colts will win this one pretty easily. Colts 27, Texans 12

San Diego Chargers vs. New York Giants @ 4:15 on CBS:
Langston: San Diego is coming off a bye week and should be well rested as they try to stay in the AFC West race with the Broncos. The Giants have finally shown that they aren't really good, losing three straight and looking downright pathetic in last weeks blowout loss against the Eagles. Essentially both teams need this win to save their shot at the playoffs. But thanks to the long trip out east for the Chargers, I like the Giants to bounce back with Brandon Jacobs finally eclipsing the 100 yard mark. New York 35, San Diego 21.

Drody: With 3 losses in a row, I feel that the Giants are slowly losing their footing in a tight NFC race. Not just the division, mind you, but for the playoffs in general. They need to win this one. The Chargers also are fighting for relevancy in their league. I think the Giants pick this one up in a close one. Being at home is the main advantage to me, and I see Eli having a big game. Giants 34, Chargers 30

Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles @ 8:20 on NBC:
Langston: I have no real grasp on the quality of either team in this game. The Cowboys have played great in recent weeks, but I haven't got to see them play. The Eagles have had two huge wins in a row, and their offense has proven they can score at any moment from any spot on the field. However I saw them lose to Oakland, which has clouded my judgment whenever I see them on the field. I'll take the Eagles, because they have DeSean Jackson. Philly 28, Dallas 27.

Drody: Langston said he takes the Eagles because they have DeSean Jackson, and I agree with that statement. When I got offered Maurice Jones-Drew and DeSean Jackson in a fantasy trade for Randy Moss and some scrubs, I jumped at the chance. DeSean Jackson is good, that's the bottom line. I don't have a good feel for either of these teams right now, so I'm gonna go with the Eagles winning, Eagles 24, Boys 17

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Denver Broncos @ 8:30 on ESPN MNF:
Langston: I understand that both of these teams have played well this season and that this is an awesome match-up in comparison to most of the Monday night games, but I have absolutely no interest in watching this game. Just like the World Series, I wish this game could have both teams leaving with a loss. That's not happening, and I will begrudgingly watch it anyways. Steelers 24, Denver 21.


Drody: Big AFC matchup in Denver. Can I just say something about the Ryan Clark situation though? So Ryan Clark almost DIED the last time he played in Denver. He lost two organs because of the elevation of the city. And he wants to play there again? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And all the bull crap about "wow, this guy really is putting his team first." is also just some dumb stuff. The team needs to put Ryan Clark first and say that his life is more important that one lousy football game. Seriously. Steelers pull the upset in Denver, as the Kyle Orton magic gradually dissipates as the season drags on. Steelers 17, Broncos 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB