iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Fries & Ketchup: Andy Murray is Birdman, the Plight of Kurt Warner, Etc.

February 6, 2015

I'm about two weeks into the last semester of my graduate program. It's been fun, but my house is currently filled with the scent of old library books, the kind no one opens. In short, things are busy, isolated, and boring. This post is how I've been procrastinating, converting busy into busier, isolation into desolation, and boredom into ennui. On that positive note, let us continue:

Did you know Andy Murray can blow shit up with his mind?


-Yesterday, an article I wrote about the Australian Open final between Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic went up at The Classical: "Andy Murray, Or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance." I like Andy Murray, which means I did not like writing this. I hope he rebounds. This was also my first time working with the site's new team of editors. If you haven't visited The Classical recently, you should. They're good people. They work hard. They continue to put out a good product. I enjoyed this article by Ian Levy: "Who the Hell is Ray Whitney?" Corbin Smith's "Super Bowl XLIX: An Artist's Rendering" is also quality.


Is this a basketball team, Captain Planet, Voltron, or your uncle's garage funk band?
-Last week at BallerBall, I wrote this: "LeBron or Mozgov? I'll Decide!" It's about the post-MVP era of basketball we're in. You know we're in this era because the entire Atlanta Hawks starting five just received an individual award. This means individualism is done.

"I have now learned how to hate."
-What was with Kurt Warner presenting the Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots? Was this some form of Purgatory between being an NFL quarterback and death (also known as retirement)? I mean, seriously, if not for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, Warner would have as many Super Bowl rings as John Elway and twice as many as Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and Steve Young. Come to think of it if not for Brady, Belichick, and Big Ben to Santonio, Kurt Warner would own the past and the future. He would be the alpha and the omega. I don't know why they made Warner make that long, agonizing walk, but maybe we should do him a solid and rethink his entire career and how close he was to immortality.

 

Just cruel and unusual, right?

-I've been listening to The New Basement Tapes since about Christmas, not sure when I'll stop:




Bryan Harvey can be followed on Twitter @LawnChairBoys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB