iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

Where and what I wrote in 2015:

December 30, 2015

Pretentious image about writing.
@BallerBall

I am always appreciative of the freedom in basketball expression Jason Gallagher allows for at his site. I might even write pieces for The Baller Ball more often than my own blog, and, while most of the stuff is nonsense, I do think having a regular place to contribute without worrying about formalities has made me a better writer or at least helped me to keep up with my writing. I owe Jason something for that, so thanks, man, from the bottom of my basketball heart.


@TheClassical

I stress over these pieces, probably too much. So, if they appear too contrived, then it’s probably because they are. That said, I’m fortunate to have had guys like David Roth, Nick Bond, and Mike Piellucci read my stuff and help make it much, much better. Roth writes some of my favorite sentences on sports. Bond is always insightful and funny about topics I don’t normally think about much. Piellucci always makes a claim strongly and succinctly, which are traits I admire for their hidden difficulties.

The best thing I wrote for The Classical in 2015 was this essay on Moses Malone. Everything else can be found here.

@HardwoodParoxysm

I’ve only written one article ever for HP, but I thought it turned out pretty well. It’s about an early regular season gamebetween the Portland TrailBlazers and the Memphis Grizz. It turned out well because Ian Levy helped with the arrangement. His writings are all over the web; he knows a lot about basketball.

@HarpoonReview

Gary E. Lovely’s magazine published my poem “Thompson’s Water Seal” in January of 2015. If you have not read it, you can find it here. If you have, you should check out the other poems and stories published by Harpoon—they’re good.

@RufousCityReview

RCR published my poem “Waimea Canyon” in their 2015 issue, which you can find here. I have found publishing poems an extremely difficult undertaking, so I’m grateful to any editors who read something of mine and found it worth showcasing in some form or another.

Lastly, while the rejections on all the pieces, pitches, and submissions that go unseen hurt, they also help tremendously.


Bryan Harvey tweets @LawnChairBoys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB