iTunes & App Store

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge

Read Everything That Dunks Must Converge
by Bryan Harvey

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'

Truth & lies in Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'
by Bryan Harvey

A world of child soldiers & cowboys

A world of child soldiers & cowboys
by Bryan Harvey

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'

To their own devices: Pablo Larrain's 'The Club'
by Bryan Harvey

A Brett Favre Breakup Letter, Part II

July 5, 2008

Dear Brett,

I know this is tough, Brett, but why did you have to bring your brother and mom into this? My dad is a huge fan of yours, but he's staying silent on this issue. He likes you, but I think he's tired of how you're treating me. I just don't see why your mom has to be spreading our business all over ESPN. Plus, she's not even right on this issue. How have the Green Bay Packers and I shown you anything but love over the years?

We forgave the alcoholism because we know how tough that is; we've seen friends, family, and colleagues battle with the disease, and we know it's not easy. When you were kicking your Vicodin habit to the curb, I got my wisdom teeth pulled. The doctor gave me vicodin for the pain, but I didn't take it because I wanted to support you in fighting your addiction. I feel like I've been there no matter what, and it hurts to hear your mother question all the green and yellow love that's come your way over the years.

After games, didn't you come and tailgate with us in the parking lot? Didn't we do everything we could to support you when your father died? I know we understood when your wife got cancer. My papa died of cancer two years ago. Packer fans have walked laps for both of them. I just don't see why your mom has to go and cast a shadow on all the times we've shared, good or bad, because for better or worse we were always there for each other.

When your brother-in-law died suddenly from an ATV accident and your home state was hit by a hurricane, watching how you handled it with grace and optimism, keeping your composure, helped me to handle the sudden tragedies in my own life. If #4 could do it, then so could I; so why is your mom now questioning the love we had? Weren't we good enough for you? Let's just say good bye, Brett. There's no point in digging up the past. Let's just agree to keep this between us.

Love always,
a Packers fan

P.S. It wasn't all bad. In fact, the good far out weighs the bad we had. You did have a nice smile that made me at least think about buying a pair of Wrangler jeans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job - it is hard to say goodbye to a legend especially one who has made the game so exciting to watch. I do hope Brett will stay away from the game. Let us have the wonderful memories. We thank him for his example. Do not turn this into a soap opera.
Huge Packer fan and Brett fan

July 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Anonymous said...

Love the breakup letter. I am NOT a Brett Favre fan for this very reason he's jerking around you fans. Screw number 4, hurray number 7.

July 8, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Post a Comment

 

© 2008-2010 ·The Lawn Chair Boys by TNB